As part of the Meggitt Equipment Group, Precision Micro is an engineering company using a variety of techniques to produce metal components. Precision Micro is committed to the protection of the environment and prevention of pollution through the use of safe working practices and continual improvement.
The Environmental Management System comprises all on-site activities involving employees and contractors at the company’s site. This includes all storage, site activities and the supporting administration functions relating to those activities and operations.
Precision Micro is committed to the Meggitt plc Environmental Policy as follows:
- Meeting all applicable environmental compliance obligations;
- Planned evaluation of the Group’s compliance by external auditors and the implementation, review and maintenance of improvement programmes;
- Continuous improvement of the Group’s environmental management systems by requiring that all manufacturing facilities are certified to ISO14001, the internationally recognised Environmental Management System standard;
- Ensuring that all employees are aware of their duty to fellow employees, suppliers, customers and those who live in surrounding communities, to act in an environmentally responsible and safe manner, and encouraging employees to share their ideas for protecting the environment in order to help fulfil the Group’s environmental goals;
- Collecting, analysing and publishing key environmental performance metrics to enable the Group to continually review, assess and improve its environmental performance;
- Minimising or preventing, where practicable, any adverse impact on the local and global environment arising from the Group’s operations and products
- Integrating environmental and sustainability considerations into key business decisions including the design, production, distribution and support of its products;
- Targeting reductions in greenhouse gas emissions relative to volume and taking account of product mix, by using energy, raw materials and natural resources efficiently and evaluating and implementing new energy conservation technologies and techniques where feasible;
- Reducing the emissions of harmful substances and where practicable using alternative environmentally safer substances in its manufacturing processes;
- Reducing the environmental impact of waste generated by its operations through reducing waste to landfill, implementing recycling programmes and maximising material reuse; and working with its suppliers to minimise any adverse impact of their products and operations on the environment.
Click here to download ISO 14001 certificate