Meshes & Filters
Precision Micro manufactures bespoke, high performance single piece metal meshes for a myriad of uses, including filters, sieves, grilles and screens. In addition to conventional flat metal meshes, Precision Micro can also manufacture precision column filters by laminating pre-machined metal shims to the required height.
The photo etching process
Manufactured by Photo chemical etching or electroforming , our custom meshes are characterized by their consistent cross-sectional thickness and accurate aperture shapes / sizes. Being manufactured in a single piece, and machined in a single operation, they are not only slimmer, but have greater integrity, making them more robust during handling.
Unlike punch perforated sheets, photo etching produces burr and stress free meshes, resulting in greater efficiency and material integrity.
The economical approach
- Photo etching set up cost are minimal when compared to costly hard tooling, using laser direct imaging to transfer the mesh pattern onto the material
- Special features and differing aperture shapes can be incorporated in a single mesh without cost penalty.
- Varying bar sizes (from as small as 20µm) and open area ratios can be incorporated to control flow rates across the mesh
- Our photo etched meshes can be produced in sizes up to 1500mm x 600mm
Durable and practical
- Unlike traditional woven meshes, the design is more robust and durable
- Meshes can be made from a wide range metals, including hardened nickel and stainless steels
- Ultra-fine meshes produced by the LEEF or LEEP processes can be multilayer reinforced to enhance durability
- They can be post process plated for enhanced resistance and durability
- Higher conductivity than woven meshes
- Far easier to clean than woven meshes
- Far greater ‘open area’ is possible than with a woven mesh
- Apertures are burr free, unlike punch perforated sheets
- Material is stress free and naturally flat for easy working
- Sharp aperture edge definition
- Trapezoidal apertures are possible for free flow characteristics
Photo etched meshes are used in a wide range of applications, including...
- Medical implants
- Smoke detectors
- Particle separation
- High-end automotive interiors
- Fuel filtration
Turning Showering on its Head
For some 12 months, a leading shower manufacturer has worked in collaboration with Precision Micro in the development of a vital component for its 360 showerhead.
LEEF Produces Finer Meshes
Precision Micro has now raised the bar in precision metal mesh production with the introduction of LEEF (Laser Evolved ElectroForming) technology.
Audio Grilles with Style
A major manufacturer of high-end audio visual equipment has commissioned Precision Micro to produce precision speaker grilles for its premium products.