Optical Encoder Discs & Strips
Encoder disk and linear code strips are essential components in many motion control and positioning applications.
Encoder disk and linear code strips perform essential functions in motion control. The greater the degree of control required, the higher the slot count necessary and the greater the precision needed in manufacture.
Precision Micro uses LEEP, LEEF, Photo Etching, Electroforming and techniques in their manufacture, depending on the slot count and tolerances specified.
Disks manufactured by conventional electroforming produce highly precise, thinner, lighter (causing less inertia) and more durable than glass or photo etched disks. They are more stable, have excellent concentricity and have slots with smooth, sharp edges that produce a well-defined pulse.
The introduction of LEEF technology enables even higher slot counts to be achieved. Bars and slots are produced to ultra high resolution with smooth sidewalls for even higher optical accuracy and pulsing efficiency.
For exceptionally fine encoders, multilayer reinforcement can improvehandling durability.
- Being able to call on four complementary precision technologies, Precision Micro can meet the tolerance requirements for any type on encoder.
- Any design can be accommodated without cost penalty
- Tooling is very inexpensive.
- Modification to tooling can be done quickly and economically.
- There is no limit to quantity; small lots for development, as well as production quantities can be produced cost effectively.
- All parts are burr and stress free, and ready to use without costly post processing.