Springs come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. Precision Micro specialises in building spring functionality into components, such as spring contacts and connectors, as well as manufacturing custom designed diaphragm flat springs.
Using a combination of LEEP, conventional chemical etching and in-house forming, Precision Micro can manufacture complex spring components without the need for bespoke hard tooling. This enables manufacturers to develop components without incurring significant up-front tooling costs.
Many spring components for aerospace, automotive and communications require the performance attributes of hard beryllium copper or Sandvik 7C27M02, an exceedingly strong alloy ideally suited to Precision Micro's suite of manufacturing technologies.
Flexibility in manufacturing
- A wide range of design types from a variety of materials and thicknesses, can be achieved using Precision Micro's manufacturing technologies.
- Highly complex designs can be produced economically and efficiently.
- Materials are not thermally challenged in production and therefore maintain their physical properties and temper.
- The chemical etching process is stress free and causes no material distortion, unlike CNC machining and stamping
- A range of finishing options including assembly, coating and spot welding is available to ensure customers receive complete finished components from a single source.
Chemical Etching and Material Properties: The Benefits of Photo Chemical Etching