EMI / RFI Shielding
Precision Micro supplies custom designed EMI/RFI shielding components for a wide range of applications. Utilising the photo etching process, the company offers both mid to high volume manufacture and prototype quantities using the same low cost digital tooling.
Photo etching is an economical and flexible method of production. It can produce a wide range of shielding solutions, from standard cans through to multi-cavity labyrinths, without cost penalty for complexity.
Photo etching and design flexibility
- There is no limitation on complexity of shape, allowing easy partitioning around existing circuitry
- Any aperture configuration can be accommodated at no cost penalty.
- Bend lines enable shields to be stored flat for subsequent easy and accurate forming by hand or automated using only soft tooling.
- Bend lines enable shielding enclosures to be formed with outstanding co-planarity.
- Proven attachment designs ease SMT and ‘through-hole’ assembly.
- Connecting tags permit easy assembly of a complex array of interconnecting screens.
- Fixing tabs enable lids to be connected simply.
- Thin metals can be used in restricted spaces.
- Multi-compartment cans improve space efficiency.
- Coatings are available to improve attenuation of high frequencies.
- ‘Plimsol line’ features can be incorporated to prevent solder leaching.
- Selective dielectric coating enables lower profile cans to be utilised safely.
- Very quick delivery from ‘agreed design’ to supply of finished screens.
- Precision Micro has production, plating, forming and spot welding facilities in-house to ensure full control over delivery and quality.
- Over 1,000 different metal types, grades and thicknesses available from stock, including steels, brasses, coppers, magnetic metals, etc.
- Tooling is very inexpensive.
- Modification to tooling can be done quickly and economically.
- There is no limit to quantity, small lots for development, as well as production quantities can be produced cost effectively.
- All parts are burr and stress free leading to minimum assembly time on line.
- Parts can be supplied plated for improved solderability, functionality, aesthetics and protection. As well as having one of the most advanced PCM capabilities in Europe, Precision Micro can offer spot welding, soldering, precision reaming and other sub-assembly operations to hand.