Our Aluminium etching service uses easily re-iterated and low-cost digital tooling, providing a cost-effective and fast manufacturing alternative to stamping, laser and water-jet cutting.
Aluminium etching process
Aluminium and its alloys have always proved difficult to machine. Similarly, with etching, the process is not straightforward. Aluminium releases heat energy during etching, resulting in a rough, granular edge.
We have developed a proprietary method for etching aluminium and its alloys, producing cleaner edge profiles with greater accuracy.
Etched aluminium components
Aluminium’s light weight means greater fuel efficiency and lower carbon emissions. As an AS 9100 and IATF 16949-accredited chemical etching supplier, Precision Micro specialises in chemical etching aluminium components for automotive and aerospace applications, as well as other high-tech industries.
- Etched helicopter air intake grilles are lightweight and retain material properties during manufacture.
- Heater plates stacked and used in aircraft dehumidifiers require multiple designs which can be set-up cost-effectively with etching and include smooth channels to improve air flow.
- Compact, shaped heat exchanger plates can be etched with complex channel and pin arrays, reducing footprint and improving the thermal management of aircraft engines.
- Aluminium car interior components such as dials, dashboard fascias and instrument covers are machined with high-definition logos, surface textures and profiles.
Benefits at a glance
- AS 9100/IATF 16949-accredited
- No rough, granular edges
- No expensive hard tooling
- Low-cost design iterations – fast
- Burr-and stress-free – metal properties unaffected
- 100% tighter tolerances than the industry standard