Aerospace & Defence
- Typical Products: Mechanical Components
- Cooling plates
- Heat exchangers
- Brazing shims
- Air intake grilles
- Alternator parts
- Heat insulation shields
- Fuel filters
- Hydraulic shims (flat and formed)
- Precision shims and spacers
- Stencils for glass marking
- Instrument panels
- Dials and pointers
- Fuel Cell components
- Typical Products: Electronics Components
- Heater elements for ice protection
- Lead frames for component packages
- Lids and stepped lids for sealing ceramic, metal and hybrid packages
- Carriers for multi-chip modules and power components
- Control gear
- Laminations for guidance systems
- Interior lighting components
- RFI Shielding for wiring and electronic components
- Electromagnetic intelligence drive components
Precision Micro has a strong background in custom designs for defence and aerospace applications. The Company is experienced in supplying all aircraft platforms: large civil, business corporate, helicopters, military combat and transport, and is ideally placed to meet their rapidly changing requirements in terms of quality, speed, precision and innovation.
The Need for Quality
Aerospace and defence engineering has an emphasis on quality that pervades every aspect of its operation. Precision Micro has over 40 years' experience in the manufacture of components for safety critical systems. The Company is registered to comply with AS 9100, the internationally recognised quality management standard specifically written for the aerospace industry, and is proud to have been granted accredited supplier status by major international companies including Goodrich, BAE Systems, Raytheon, Thales and Westland among others.
The Need for Precision
Nowhere is the need for precision greater than in aerospace and military applications, industries that set the standards to which others aspire. In many instances this need can only be met by utilising the types and combinations of manufacturing technologies available under one roof from Precision Micro. Our technologies guarantee tolerances measured in microns, technologies that are ideal for producing critical components in the majority of compliant aerospace grade materials including high tensile stainless and heat resisting steels, aluminium, aluminium bronze, aluminium lithium, beryllium copper, phosphor bronze, Inconel®, Nimonic® and Incoloy® alloys.
The Need for Innovation
The technical expertise of the Company’s engineering support team enables it to undertake specialist development projects for customers, to provide them with cost-effective precision engineering solutions specifically tailored to meet their requirements.