Photo etching is a highly precise, tightly controlled corrosion process which is used to produce complex metal parts with very fine detail.
The photo etching process offers a more cost effective alternative to stamping, punching, laser and waterjet cutting when machining precision components from thin gauge materials, such as stainless steels, aluminium and 'corrosion resistant' advanced engineering alloys.
Precision Micro's manufacturing engineers have developed photo etching, sometimes known as chemical etching or metal etching, into a repeatable science, consistently 'redefining the possible' to provide a true competitive advantage for customers in a wide range of industries.
Benefits of photo etching
Burr and stress free
Photo etched components are burr free, while temper and magnetic properties remain unchanged.
Fast and economical
Using digital tooling we can produce samples and prototype parts in hours and fulfil volume requirements in days, helping reduce 'time to market'.
Tooling costs are minimal, allowing customers to modify and optimise their designs without significant cost penalty.
Virtually all metals can be etched, even those that are hard or brittle.
Highly complex etched profiles and component features are possible to tolerances in the 1/100mm range.
No cost for complexity
As components features are produced simultaneously, complex designs cost no more to produce than simple ones.
Whether you require a single part, or millions of parts, photo etching is able to provide a cost effective solution to meet your needs.
Why Choose Precision Micro?
More than Europe's No. 1 contract photo etching company, the entire Precision Micro operation is infused with a 'can-do' mentality that sets it aside from the rest.
- Precision Micro's experience and technical resource is unmatched in the industry.
- Our willingness to accept challenges that other suppliers may shy away from.
- Through affiliation with our customers we have pioneered many new production techniques and methodologies in order to better serve their needs.
- Added value services, such as electroforming, forming and wire EDM, can be used individually or in combination to meet the most stringent requirements.
- Our purpose built 40,000 sq ft production facility is designed to move seamlessly from development to true high volume production.