Metal speaker grilles were once produced exclusively from thick, woven aluminium wire. Photo etching offers a number of aesthetic and functional advantages.
Unlike traditional pressed tread plates, photo etching can incorporate sharp aperture and directional mesh patterns for back lighting and can be personalised with owners’ names or signatures.
Nameplates and inlays
Photo etching can be used to surface engrave and emboss intricate, blemish-free tactile surfaces.
The burr- and stress-free nature of photo etching means springs actuate longer and more reliably which is vital in safety critical and exacting environments such as in GDI systems.
Precision Micro supplies over one million automotive springs each month for a diverse range of applications, including ABS braking, fuel injection and catalytic convertors.
Fuel cell plates
Precision Micro has long-standing partnerships with a number of leading alternative energy providers who benefit from economic, accurate, burr- and stress-free photo etched fuel cell plates.
Shims, gaskets and washers
Photo etched shims, gaskets and washers are accurate to ±0.025mm, flat and burr-free, with no rough edges that could interfere with other mating components.
Benefits at a glance
- Unrivalled automotive industry photo-etched component supply
- The world’s largest automotive component production etching plant
- IATF 16949 accredited – trusted to deliver by leading names
- Repeatability levels approaching Six Sigma standards
We specialise in chemical etching automotive components for the world’s leading names.
As one of the only IATF 16949 accredited photo etching suppliers, we have the scale, depth of resource and experience to meet the world-class levels of product quality, productivity, competitiveness and continuous improvement our customers demand.
Photo-etched automotive components
We manufacture the widest range of automotive components, in both development and production quantities measured by the million, including:
- Stress-free, safety-critical ABS braking and fuel injection flexures which feature in petrol and diesel engine road cars
- High-end speaker grilles and interior trim for luxury and premium vehicle marques
- Bipolar fuel cell plates for next-generation vehicles
- Waveguides for next-generation autonomous vehicles
- A wide range of electronics and sundry components including shims, gaskets, washers, electrical connectors and contacts, and EMI shielding solutions
Quality and repeatability
Precision Micro operates a continuous quality improvement programme, working closely with our customers to satisfy their APQP requirements through FMEA, SPC, MSA and PPAP.
We maintain repeatability levels approaching Six Sigma standards, supported by a best-in-class in-house metrology facility covering:
- Material hardness and mechanical properties
- Surface roughness measurement
- Material analysis and dimensional accuracy measurement
True prototype to production supply
As the largest automotive sheet metal component supplier in the world, we photo-etch more than 100 tonnes of raw material each year, manufacturing over 20 million precision components for the automotive industry.
We specialise in etching Sandvik strip steels and process unrivalled quantities of 300 and 400 series sheet stainless steel.
Tailored customer solutions
Precision Micro is well invested. We react quickly to increased customer demand, investing in new and additional manufacturing lines, and working with our technology partners to streamline manufacturing and reduce cost.