We place great importance not just on what we do, but how we do it and are firmly committed to honesty, integrity and respect for others in all of our business relationships.
Our commitment to ‘fair play’
Customers and suppliers
As one of the world’s leading photochemical etching suppliers, exporting over 75% of our etched components, it is essential we maintain full legal compliance with the export and import regulations of every country we do business with.
Precision Micro operates a comprehensive trade compliance programme and only works with suppliers who have pre-registered their chemicals under Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation & Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) regulation.
Our employees attend regular training sessions which cover anti-corruption, health and safety and trade compliance, and are kept informed of progress against the company’s strategic plan through regular presentations, ‘town hall’ business briefs, appraisals and face-to-face meetings.
An employee-led ‘community board’ ensures an open and fair culture where everyone’s views are respected.
We run a daily layered accountability meeting (DLA) that empowers and rewards employees who raise safety concerns and recommend process improvements.
Health and safety
Using awareness campaigns and training programmes we have developed a culture that encourages employees to raise concerns about safety in the workplace. The outcome of this has been a 50% reduction in accidents year-on-year since 2013
Environment and community
We are continually developing our processes to reduce our environmental impact.
Some initiatives include:
- Recycling more than 35% of the water used in our photochemical etching process
- Recycling and regenerating our etchant chemistry to minimise waste
- Recycing more than 97% of our waste materials
- A machine upgrade and replacement programme to include energy monitors for optimising supply
- A comprehensive crisis management process that deals with potentially disruptive and unexpected events which could impact our company and its stakeholders