Meshes, filters and sieves
Where punch-perforated sheets are prone to distortion, photo etched mesh is burr- and stress-free, with zero material degradation.
Shims, gaskets and washers
Photo etched shims, gaskets and washers are accurate to ±0.025mm, flat and burr-free, with no rough edges that could interfere with other mating components.
Springs, flexures and diaphragms
Photo etching ensures burr- and stress-free springs can be manufactured with zero distortion or surface imperfections.
Labels and nameplates
Photo etching can be used to surface engrave or emboss intricate, blemish-free labels and nameplates.
Benefits at a glance
- Largest and longest-established photochemical etching specialists
- Repeatability levels approaching Six Sigma standards
- Added-value technologies for single-source supply
- Lead-times in just a few days
- Virtually any metal
- Precision accuracy to ±0.025mm as standard
As one of the largest and longest-established photochemical etching specialists, we have produced thousands of precision etched components across a wide range of industry sectors.
Some of the components we supply for high-tech applications include:
- Precision shims, labels and electronics components for metrology and motion control systems
- Meshes, filters and sieves used in smoke detection, airport security systems and showerheads
- Decorative and functional components for white goods, consumer goods, architectural installations and building projects
Fast, cost-effective metal machining without compromise
Photo etching is a cost-effective alternative to stamping, punching, laser and waterjet cutting when processing thin gauge materials, such as ferrous and non-ferrous metals, aluminium, titanium and a wide range of advanced engineering alloys.
Using tightly controlled, subtractive chemical erosion, fragile and complex metal parts can be machined with features smaller than a quarter of a diameter of a human hair.
Burr and stress-free components with high integrity
When precision and component integrity are critical, design engineers turn to chemical etching.
Our non-contact, non-heat inducing process ensures burr and stress-free components can be supplied with no distortion or surface imperfections.
Unique design features
Using techniques honed over the past 60 years, we can photo-etch special features without cost, removing the need for additional processing.
For example, various aperture shapes, bar sizes, open area ratios and profiles can be incorporated into mesh components to control air and liquid flow.